Call for Papers
The scientific program of PSE 2018 will be composed of contributions in (a) core PSE topics, and (b) cross-cutting themes. We will use the Call for Abstracts submission process to make selections for oral and poster presentations aligned with one or more of the conference topics below.
The core PSE topics and industrial applications will include:
- Process and Product Design/Synthesis
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Scheduling and Planning
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Decision Making Under Uncertainity
- Integration of Process Operations and Design/Synthesis
- Modeling, Analysis and Simulation
- Optimization Methods and Computational Tools
The cross-cutting themes will include:
- Multi-scale Systems Engineering
- Energy, Water, Food, Waste Nexus
- Sustainable and Renewable Systems Engineering
- Modular Process Intensification
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Molecular and Materials Systems Engineering
- Smart Manufacturing and Plant of the Future
- Smart Grid Systems
- Urban/Building Systems Engineering
- Big Data Research and Development
- Man-machine Interface Systems Engineering
- Safety Driven Systems Engineering
Topics not covered above and emerging new areas will also be welcome. A special session on education will be organized.
Online Submission Link: Online Abstract Submission (Late)
October 2 - Notification and Invitation to Submit a Paper
Authors of accepted abstracts have now been invited to submit a 6-page paper due December 4th. The following paper template MUST be followed:
We were hoping to have a LaTex template available, but unfortunately, we have been upable to develop one. Please use the Word template. If one becomes available, we will notify the contact authors.
Papers not using the format outlined in the template will not be considered for presentation. This paper will undergo a full peer review.
Important Note: PSE 2018 has a policy that each accepted paper must be accompanied by a registration. However, if you made more than one initial submission and have been invited to submit a full paper - a co-author must register to make the oral or poster presentation. Upon notification that your paper has been accepted for presentation, please identify the NEW presenting author and he/she will be made the Contact Author.
December 4 - Deadline for Paper Submission
January 15 - Notification to Contact Author with Reviews
Using the reviews, you must submit a FINAL paper in order to be considered for a presentation. Detailed instructions will be provided in your notification email.
January 27 - Final Paper Deadline
After your final paper has been received along with a copyright transfer form and your conference registration, you will be notified if your presentation was selected for an oral or a poster presentation. We expect this notification to be in mid-February.
February 26 - Author Registration Deadline
Last day for authors to make their conference registration.
Please contact the PSE 2018 Conference Manager, Robin Craven, if you should have any questions or problems with your paper submission.
- Conference Organization
- Marianthi Ierapetritou
- Rutgers University
- Mario Eden
- Auburn University
- Gavin Towler
- International Program Committee
- An International Program Committee (IPC) has been formed consisting of representatives from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America.
- Publication Policy
- Proceedings published as part of the Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering series of Elsevier, and one or two special issues for Computers & Chemical Engineering are planned. Most of the plenary/keynote contributions and a select number of contributed papers will be invited to contribute to the special issues following the usual journal peer review process.
- Conference Information Center
- Robin Craven
- Conference Manager