Call for Abstracts
The scientific program of PSE 2018 will be composed of contributions in (a) core PSE topics, and (b) cross-cutting themes. We will use the Call for Abstracts submission process to make selections for oral and poster presentations aligned with one or more of the conference topics below.
The core PSE topics and industrial applications will include:
- Process and Product Design/Synthesis
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Scheduling and Planning
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Decision Making Under Uncertainity
- Integration of Process Operations and Design/Synthesis
- Modeling, Analysis and Simulation
- Optimization Methods and Computational Tools
The cross-cutting themes will include:
- Multi-scale Systems Engineering
- Energy, Water, Food, Waste Nexus
- Sustainable and Renewable Systems Engineering
- Modular Process Intensification
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Molecular and Materials Systems Engineering
- Smart Manufacturing and Plant of the Future
- Smart Grid Systems
- Urban/Building Systems Engineering
- Big Data Research and Development
- Man-machine Interface Systems Engineering
- Safety Driven Systems Engineering
Topics not covered above and emerging new areas will also be welcome. A special session on education will be organized.
September 22 - Deadline for Abstract Submission (Extended)
Submit a one-page abstract using this link: Online Abstract Submission.
You may use any format. Please include all authors. Only PDF files will be accepted.
Immediately after online submission, the contact author will be notified that the abstract has been received successfully and the abstract will be assigned an ID number. The abstract will retain this ID number throughout the submission/acceptance process.
Important Note: PSE 2018 has a policy that each submission must be accompanied by a registration. However, you are allowed to make more than one initial submission with the understanding that if accepted that a co-author must register to make the presentation.
October 9 - Notification and Invitation to Submit a Paper
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by October 9 and will be invited to submit a 6 page paper due December 1st. A paper template and guidelines will be provided and MUST be followed. This paper will undergo a full peer review.
December 1 - Deadline for Paper Submission
January 15 - Notification to Contact Author with Reviews
Using the reviews, you must submit a FINAL paper in order to be considered for a presentation. Detailed instructions will be provided in your notification email.
January 27 - Final Paper Deadline
After your final paper has been received along with a copyright transfer form and your conference registration, you will be notified if your presentation was selected for an oral or a poster presentation. We expect this notification to be in mid-February.
Please contact the PSE 2018 Conference Manager, Robin Craven, if you should have any questions or problems with your paper submission.
- Conference Organization
- Marianthi Ierapetritou
- Rutgers University
- Mario Eden
- Auburn University
- Gavin Towler
- International Program Committee
- An International Program Committee (IPC) has been formed consisting of representatives from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America.
- Publication Policy
- Proceedings published as part of the Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering series of Elsevier, and one or two special issues for Computers & Chemical Engineering are planned. Most of the plenary/keynote contributions and a select number of contributed papers will be invited to contribute to the special issues following the usual journal peer review process.
- Conference Information Center
- Robin Craven
- Conference Manager