The conference will feature four types of presentations: (a) plenary, (b) keynote, (c) oral presentations and (d) poster presentations by speakers from academia, industry, and government.
Provisional Technical Themes
The scientific program of PSE 2018 will be composed of contributions in (a) core PSE topics, and (b) cross-cutting themes.
The core PSE topics and industrial applications will include:
- Process and Product Design/Synthesis
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Scheduling and Planning
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Integration of Process Operations and Design/Synthesis
- Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation
- Optimization Methods and Computational Tools
The cross-cutting themes will include:
- Multi-scale Systems Engineering
- Energy, Water, Food, Waste Nexus
- Sustainable and Renewable Systems Engineering
- Modular Process Intensification
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Molecular and Materials Systems Engineering
- Smart Manufacturing and Plant of the Future
- Smart Grid Systems
- Urban/Building Systems Engineering
- Big Data Research and Development
- Man-machine Interface Systems Engineering
- Safety Driven Systems Engineering
Topics not covered above and emerging new areas will also be welcome. A special session on education will be organized.
- Conference Organization
- Marianthi Ierapetritou
- Rutgers University
- Mario Eden
- Auburn University
- Gavin Towler
- International Program Committee
- An International Program Committee (IPC) has been formed consisting of representatives from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America.
- Publication Policy
- Proceedings published as part of the Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering series of Elsevier, and one or two special issues for Computers & Chemical Engineering are planned. Most of the plenary/keynote contributions and a select number of contributed papers will be invited to contribute to the special issues following the usual journal peer review process.
- Conference Information Center
- Robin Craven
- Conference Manager